Christine T. Sweeney brings more than two decades of experience to our Rx and OTC clients; she focuses on helping clients to strategically utilize the science found in the published literature and proprietary data sources to support regulatory and commercial goals. In this role, Christine:
- Develops public health rationales, benefit/risk assessments, and issues inventory and management plans
- Assists clients in the development of product labeling and the design of consumer (label comprehension, self-selection, actual use) and other studies
- Drafts regulatory submissions in support of our Rx-to-OTC switch and OTC product stewardship projects
- Conducts literature reviews and analysis
Since joining PinneyAssociates in 2000, Christine has supported a range of Rx and OTC clients in therapeutic areas including, pain management, smoking cessation, weight loss, cholesterol lowering, allergic rhinitis, women’s reproductive health and men’s health.
Christine has authored or co-authored several papers published in scientific journals, including CNS Drug, Tobacco Control and Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior. Her research experience has focused on the areas of health promotion and disease prevention, with a primary emphasis on behavioral risk factors for chronic disease.
- Post-doctoral fellowship in cancer prevention at the National Cancer Institute, including a master’s in public health with a concentration in epidemiology at Johns Hopkins University
- Earned her doctorate in biobehavioral health from Penn State University
- Graduate with a bachelor’s in psychology from LaSalle University