Judy Ashworth, MD
Senior Vice President
Guiding the clinical development of CNS-active drugs in a challenging and rapidly evolving regulatory environment
Judy collaborates with clients developing CNS-active drugs, from traditional pharmaceuticals to psychedelics and cannabinoids, for neurologic and psychiatric indications.
She specializes in:
- Clinical development plans and trial design
- Regulatory strategy
- Target product profile development
- Indication selection
- Business development support for partnering and fundraising
As Senior Vice President, Judy oversees business development and alliance management alongside leading the Prescription and Dietary Ingredients and Supplements teams. Judy joined Pinney Associates in 2018 with nearly two decades of experience in pharmaceutical drug development. Since then, she has led or participated in several pre-IND meetings for psychedelic drugs and supported subsequent IND submissions. She has served as acting-Chief Medical Officer as well as scientific, clinical or regulatory advisor for numerous start-up companies.
Along with her work at Pinney Associates, Judy is the Chief Medical Officer for Harm Reduction Therapeutics, a nonprofit devoted to saving lives from opioid overdose by making low-cost naloxone available as an OTC product.
- Visiting Lecturer, Department of Substance Abuse Research, Columbia University
- MD, UCLA School of Medicine, Dean’s Scholar
- BA with high honors, Biology, University of California Santa Barbara