Lisa Zapawa, MD, MPH
Director, Medical Science
Providing scientific and strategic support for Rx-to-OTC switch efforts
With training in both medicine and public health, Lisa provides crucial support for Rx-to-OTC switch programs; new consumer healthcare products, prescription medications, and vaccines, as well as nonprofit public health advocacy. Her day-to-day activities include:
- Identifying and addressing issues raised by FDA and other key stakeholders
- Drafting literature reviews and analyses
- Developing benefit-risk assessments and public health rationales
- Developing briefing books for FDA meetings and FDA submissions
- Supporting development of ISS, ISE, and postmarketing report sections for New Drug Applications
Lisa joined Pinney Associates in 2003 after serving for three years as a Senior Consultant on the Oncology and Cardiovascular Roundtables at Advisory Board (formerly The Advisory Board Company), a Washington, D.C., firm that identifies issues and helps address the many challenges that confront healthcare leaders.
Her support for our clients is based on firsthand knowledge of health promotion and disease prevention across an array of health conditions and public health issues. Among them are contraceptives; vaccines for childhood diseases; and treatments for allergic rhinitis, elevated cholesterol, hypertension, pain, migraine, and smoking cessation.
- MPH, Health Management and Policy, University of Michigan School of Public Health
- MD, University of Michigan Medical School
- BS, Psychology, University of Michigan