Mark Sembower, MS
Director, Data Management and Statistical Analysis
Uncovering the ideal analyses to support client regulatory and commercial goals
An accomplished statistician, Mark leads the Pinney Associates data analysis team in applying a wide range of analytical methods to public use and proprietary datasets. He adds value to client projects by:
- Providing essential statistical support for regulatory submissions, publications, and scientific presentations
- Working with datasets including postmarketing and pharmacovigilance data, consumer surveys, clinical trial data, and large federal datasets
- Analyzing and reporting on datasets using SAS, JMP, and Stata
Before joining Pinney Associates in 2007, Mark worked at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, where he served as the senior statistician for a large longitudinal psychosocial research study. In addition to managing statistical analysis, he has authored methods and results sections for various manuscripts, presentations, and grant proposals; developed data management procedures; and consulted on study data with outside investigators.
He has conducted research into, among other topics, non-medical use of prescription pharmaceuticals, medication compliance, smoking cessation, electronic nicotine delivery system use, and drug use and psychological disorders among adolescents.
Mark is an author or co-author of more than 25 papers published in peer-reviewed journals, including works on the consumer use of OTC products and the use and abuse of prescription medications, as well as numerous posters and presentations.
- MS, Applied Statistics, Bowling Green State University
- BS, Mathematics (minor in Statistics), Penn State Erie, The Behrend College