Rachel Beck, PhD
Advisor, Abuse-Deterrent Formulations
Enhancing understanding of the abuse potential of CNS-active drugs, from CMC and nonclinical assessments to postmarketing
A forensic toxicologist, Rachel supports clients with:
- In vitro protocol outlines
- Data-interpretive reports for regulatory submissions
- Toxicology literature reviews
- Postmarketing surveillance and Risk Evaluation Mitigation Strategies reporting
- Gap analyses of postmarketing surveillance programs
Rachel is a fellow of the American Board of Forensic Toxicology and has been qualified as an expert witness in criminal and civil cases.
Before she joined Pinney Associates in 2018, she spent 11 years practicing postmortem and performance science in forensic toxicology.
Most recently, she served on the faculty at the Department of Pathology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham, where she developed an LC-MS/MS confirmatory laboratory for prescription and pain-management drug analytes.
She has co-authored several articles on the use of technology in forensic toxicology.
- PhD, Analytical Chemistry, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- MS, Chemistry, University of Alabama
- BS, Forensic Chemistry, University of Mississippi