At PinneyAssociates, Sooyong Kim, analyses data and conducts literature reviews to address clients’ needs, and develops manuscripts for peer review, primarily in the field of tobacco products and ENDS. In her role as a scientist, Sooyong:
- Develops and contributes to literature reviews and scientific manuscripts and reports for submission for peer review and to regulatory authorities
- Applies advanced statistical methodologies using R and SAS, such as propensity score, time-varying effect modeling, and latent class analysis, to complex cross-sectional and longitudinal data
Before joining PinneyAssociates in 2020, Sooyong worked at Sanford Research as a Senior Research Specialist where her research focus was vulnerable populations, specifically youth and pregnant women. At Sanford, she served as a Project Leader for an independent NIH-funded project. She has co-authored several peer-reviewed journal articles, presented at various national conferences, and served as an ad-hoc reviewer for journals focusing on substance use and addiction.
- Earned her master’s of public health from the University of North Dakota
- Trained as a pediatric resident at Asan Medical Center in Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Earned her medical degree from Korea University